By Rev. Juliet Schimpf
Rev. Juliet Schimpf is the Minister of
First Baptist Church in Perth, Ontario:
- Thirty-eight percent set resolutions related to weight
- Thirty-four percent set resolutions related to money (Stephen Shapiro, "Interesting New Year's Resolution Statistics," stephenshapiro.com)
- SOCIETY LOOKS FOR STARS; GOD LOOKS FOR SCARS!
- whereas society focuses on the externals, God focuses upon the heart
- MATT. 9: “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.”
- ISAIAH 64:8 “WE ARE THE CLAY, YOU ARE THE POTTER”
- JER. 18:6 “LIKE CLAY IN THE HAND OF THE POTTER”
- 2 TIM. 2:21 EACH OF US MUST BECOME “A VESSEL UNTO HONOR, SANCTIFIED, AND MEET FOR THE MASTER’S USE, AND PREPARED UNTO EVERY GOOD WORK”
2 Corinthians 4:7-12
- 2 CORINTHIANS 12:9-10 NIV “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- THE MESSAGE (BEATITUDES): “You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you, there can finally be more of God.”
- MATTHEW 5: 15 Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all. 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.