Also view us on FACEBOOK:

View us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1Ps6aEG

Sunday 10 April 2016

'THE PERENNIAL NON-CONFORMIST'

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
by Rev. Canon George Sinclair                           
 Pastor of the Church of the Messiah, Ottawa, ON.
 www.messiahchurch.ca 

_________________________________________________________
(Podcast of CFRA broadcast on Sunday, April 10th,  2016)
_____________________________________________________
Broadcast Notes:
*********************************************************

Before I begin, I would like to give a big shout out to the United Church Women of Dominion Chalmers United Church whose generous donation has made this show possible for you to listen to.

The following is a shortened version of a Sermon I preached at Church of the Messiah. It was part of a sermon series on the Book of Romans called "Grace Shaped Life".
 
‘The Perennial Non-Conformist’
 
 Romans 12:1-2

This talk is a shortened version of a sermon I gave at Church of the Messiah, Ottawa. It is part of a series of sermons where I preach through the Book of Romans. The series is called "Grace Shaped Life".

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, which is your rational worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing to Him and perfect." Romans 12: 1-2.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."" Romans 1: 16-17

1. Only through the Gospel, will I seek to please the true and living God, who is pleased with me first.

2. I will lack an interest in holiness, if I am not gripped by the Gospel and contemplate God's mercies.

3. As I am gripped by the Gospel, it is rational to present every square inch of who I am to God as a living sacrifice.

4. My mind is renewed as I walk in God's will.

5. I usually need to obey my way to mental clarity. When I refuse to obey God's will, I lose mental clarity.

6. My mind always needs more renewing!

7. The Gospel is the good news that Jesus Christ crucified is the power of God for salvation. The Christian life begins when I receive the Gospel by faith alone. The Christian walk is grounded on the Gospel, shaped by the Gospel, pushed by the Gospel, and pulled by the Gospel.

Let’s pray:

Father, for all who hear, may we be gripped by the Gospel and as we are gripped by the Gospel, may you form us by the Gospel, to live for your glory, and we ask this in Jesus’ name.

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
Church of the Messiah
_____________________________________________
To listen to the above broadcast, click on the following link:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment