|Rev. Canon George Sinclair|
This broadcast talk is a shortened version of a sermon I first gave at Church of the Messiah. It was part of a sermon series though the whole book of Galatians.
The Law and the Promise
- The trustworthy, promise-keeping God promised to bless.
- The trustworthy God “doubles down” to show that He will keep His Promise.
- The birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is God keeping His Promise to bless.
- “Needing-to-perform” is a very different way to live, than living by “believing-God’s-Promise”.
- God gave the Law to sell the problem.
- The Law was a guardian/teacher/taskmaster until the Promise came; it was not the Promise itself.
- Believe His Promise to become His child - believe the promises of the Promise to live as His child
Thank you, Father, that Him, living his life and dying upon the cross and rising from the dead, is you keeping your promise to us.