Also view us on FACEBOOK:

View us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1Ps6aEG

Sunday 11 February 2018

'THE IMPORTANCE OF BOASTING'

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
by Rev. Canon George Sinclair                           
 Pastor of the Church of the Messiah, Ottawa, ON.
 www.messiahchurch.ca 

________________________________________
Podcast of CFRA broadcast on Sunday,   
February 11th, 2018:
___________________________________


Broadcast Notes:


The Importance of Boasting

Today's Reading: Galatians6:6-18

This talk is a shortened version of a sermon I gave at Church of the Messiah as part of a series where I preached through the whole book. The series was called "Deep Freedom."
    1. We enter the Jesus Way one-by one, but we walk the Jesus Way with Jesus and one another.
    2. The preaching of the Gospel while preaching through the Bible, is central to the life of the local church and central to God’s plan to make the gospel known to every people group.
    3. Being made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ crucified does not mean I can now do whatever I want with impunity. I reap what I sow.
    4. Hell is not glamorous, Hell is real decay, decomposition and corruption.
    5. When we sow as the Holy Spirit leads, we will reap an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.
    6. My private and my public boasting reveals what I believe saves me and gives me meaning, significance and worth.
    7. As I learn to only boast in Jesus Christ crucified, the world’s allure and approval dies, and my desire for the world and its approval dies.
    8. Salvation is not merely a helpful idea - God not only saves me, He actually makes me a new creation.

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
Church of the Messiah
_____________________________________________
To listen to the above broadcast, click on the following link:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment