Also view us on FACEBOOK:

View us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1Ps6aEG

Sunday 4 February 2018

'SELF-DECEPTION'

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
by Rev. Canon George Sinclair                           
 Pastor of the Church of the Messiah, Ottawa, ON.
 www.messiahchurch.ca 

________________________________________
Podcast of CFRA broadcast on Sunday,   
___________________________________


Broadcast Notes:

                                      "Self-Deception"


Today’s Reading:  Galatians 5:26- 6:5 (ESV)


This talk is a shortened version of a sermon I gave at Church of the Messiah as part of a series where I preached through the whole book. The series was called "Deep Freedom."

1.       It is very hard for me to judge myself - without judging myself by comparing myself to other people.
2.      God never judges me by comparing me to other people.
3.      I am like you, I have “glory hunger”.
4.      I am like you, I desire vainglory - glory for myself in regard to matters that are, in reality, unimportant.
5.      When I believe I am doing a great job in attaining vainglory, I provoke people. When I believe I am doing a poor job in attaining vainglory, I envy other people.
6.      In the midst of our pursuit of vainglory, God the Son of God, emptied Himself and died for us to save us.
7.      Only God can save me; and only because He loves me; and only by what He did by His Son’s death upon the cross; and it only becomes mine by faith in His promise to save.
8.     Every Christian has burdens.
9.      The Lord did not redeem me to bowl alone, but to be part of a “one another” local church home.
10.   No one deserves me better than me, myself and I.
 
 
Rev. Canon George Sinclair
Church of the Messiah
_____________________________________________
To listen to the above broadcast, click on the following link:
http://cloud.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/6/60813/good_news_298_feb04.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment