Also view us on FACEBOOK:

View us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1Ps6aEG

Sunday 20 May 2018

'WHEN JESUS MEETS THE UNWORTHY'

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
by Rev. Canon George Sinclair                           
 Pastor of the Church of the Messiah, Ottawa, ON.
 www.messiahchurch.ca
________________________________________
Podcast of CFRA broadcast on Sunday,   
May 20th, 2018:
 
My talk this week is a shortened version of a sermon that I gave at Church of the Messiah as part of a sermon series, "Knowing Jesus: John's Intimate Biography"
(http://messiahchurch.sermons.io/sermons/when-jesus-meets-the-unworthy)

Broadcast Notes:

              When Jesus Meets the Unworthy

 Today's Reading:  John5:1-18
 
1. Jesus does not tell the man to do anything which goes against what the Bible teaches. He tells the man to break a religious tradition, not a command of God.

2. "... but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Rom.5:8

3. I keep sneaking in the belief that I am worthy of God's love and power because of who I am and what I've done.

4. God has no need love. He is only gift love.

5. "In this is love, not that we have loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1John 4:10
 
Let's pray,
Lord, Almighty God, make me a disciple of Jesus, gripped by the Gospel, learning to live for your Glory. 
 
Rev. Canon George Sinclair
Church of the Messiah
______________________________________

 

No comments:

Post a Comment