Also view us on FACEBOOK:

View us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1Ps6aEG

Sunday 19 May 2019

'OPTIMISM, PESSIMISM, OR CHRISTIAN HOPE'

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
by Rev. Canon George Sinclair                           
 Pastor of the Church of the Messiah, Ottawa, ON.
 www.messiahchurch.ca 

________________________________________
Podcast of CFRA broadcast on Sunday,   
  May 19th, 2019 

___________________________________
 
 

The WoodSource - “The WoodSource is a proudly Canadian and family-based, building supply and wood speciality business. Established in 1953, we serve the National Capital Region and beyond for building supplies and are pleased to support Good News in the Morning broadcasts.

The WoodSource offers personalized customer service and advice while satisfying your specialty wood needs and exclusive wood products that aren’t available at other retailers. Our knowledgeable staffs are able to provide expert advice on all of our products and can assist you in getting the materials you need to finish your project.

Come to our 7000 sq.ft showrooms at 6178 Mitch Owen Road, Manotick.


This week's broadcast is the sermon I gave at Church of the Messiah. 
The sermon was called "Optimisn, Pessimism, or Christian Hope" 
 It is part of my series, "Knowing Jesus: John's Intimate Biography."

"Optimism, Pessimism, 
or Christian Hope"
  
Today’s Reading:  John 17:20-26  (ESV)
20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

_________________________________________________________________
NOTES:
Knowing Jesus: John’s Intimate Biography

Optimism, Pessimism or Christian Hope

John 17:20-26
  1. Righteous Father, please grow in me a humble confidence in the trustworthiness and truthfulness of Your word, and a competence to bear clear witness about Jesus.
  2. Jesus became one with you to make you right with God. By faith in Him, you become one with Him, and are made right with God.
  3. The believers union with the Godhead, forms a unity among believers, that bears witness to the Lord Jesus, to the ends of the world.
  4. Righteous Father, please grow in all true Christians deep bonds of affection, and partnership in mission, so that every people group will know that Jesus loves them and died to save them.
  5. Righteous Father, please grip me with the Gospel, and so free and heal my heart, that day by day I will feed on the sure and certain hope that I will behold and enter into the eternal weight of glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.
___________________________________________
 Rev. Canon George Sinclair
Church of the Messiah
George Sinclair George is the Lead Pastor at Church of the Messiah.
More about George Sinclair
_____________________________________________
To listen to the above broadcast, click on the following link:
http://accm.ncf.ca/images/19.05.19.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment